EXETER, R.I., June 27, 2016 – NWN Carousel, a leader in unified communication and cloud-based networking technologies, IT professional and managed services, and public, private and hybrid cloud solutions, today announced they are a Microsoft SOF Ready partner offering managed services based on the Skype Operations Framework and can help to maximize the value clients can derive from their Skype for Business Online investments.
The shift to the cloud requires rethinking how customers and partners plan, deliver and operate Skype for Business environments. The Skype Operations Framework (SOF) developed by Microsoft, with feedback from Partners, provides a multi-faceted approach to a successful deployment of Skype for Business. SOF provides a methodology to guide customers on how to use tools and assets in concert with existing Partner procedures. Carousel’s adoption of SOF comes with over 25 years of Unified Communications (UC) experience with over 6,000 customer relationships worldwide.
The combination of Carousel’s Plan/Deliver/Operate Methodology & IT Managed Services intellectual property enhances the SOF model by incorporating packaging and services to execute any customer project. This new Carousel approach using SOF is a major benefit for many customers who in the past have had to work out how to navigate the deployment journey on a project by project basis, investing significant time and effort to develop their delivery methodology from the ground up. NWN Carousel has fully adopted the SOF model by completing the necessary pre-request training and certifications and stands ready to start a plan for your enterprise.
Some of the key elements of SOF that influenced Carousel to adopt this framework are:
- SOF supplies practical guidance, tools and assets that range from scripts and reports to workshops and documents that help align customer expectations with the stages of pre and post-sale adoption of Skype for Business.
- SOF delivers offers that are a combination of activities and tools that follow the SOF methodology enabling them to be delivered faster by providing the foundation to build or enhance their delivery practices.
- SOF enables customers to apply execution excellence to achieve desired outcomes aligned with business initiatives by providing the common understanding between Carousel and our customers on the needs and benefits of the Skype for Business online lifecycle.
“Voice services and real-time communications, demand an attention to detail, unlike most enterprise applications. If a conversation underway drops, then a customer relationship can be affected. If a collaboration session is interrupted, then the ROI for that group’s productivity can be minimized or lost. SOF is a predictable set of deliverables to set up, deliver and operate a customer’s Skype for Business environment so that customers have the best chance to succeed. Carousel’s adoption of SOF furthers our ability to serve our customers’ needs in delivering a true Unified Communications environment,” says John Drolet, Vice President, Microsoft Practice, NWN Carousel.
Unified Communications experience is all about Multi-Vendor expertise. Carousel takes a best of breed approach when working with our clients to architect, integrate, and manage their next generation platforms. 50 % of Carousel’s workforce are architects and engineers specializing in many solutions including data networks, Wi-Fi solutions, virtualization, voice, video, and managed services. The value of having expertise in each of these disciplines allows us to see the entire vision and goal our customers are trying to achieve. Carousel maintains the highest echelons of certification with many of these vendors including Aruba/HP, AudioCodes, Polycom, Sonus, nectar, Sennheiser, Jabra and Microsoft.
“Delivering a predictable, quality, end-to-end UC experience takes careful consideration and experience. Our engineering staff works tirelessly to certify, test and recommend ecosystem partners that we know will provide the best end-to-end experience. Carousel’s managed services have integrated our tool set with Skype for Business so that administrators can perform full analysis and pinpoint issues for resolution. This solution represents one of the most advanced troubleshooting and managed services options available in the market today,” says Ed Wadbrook VP – Applications/Collaborative Solutions NWN Carousel.
Key areas where Carousel unique value can be received in many areas including:
- Telco | Carrier analysis and cloud readiness including CCE hardware and Express Route options
- Local and Wide Area infrastructure compliance and best practices
- User interface equipment, from IP phones to headsets, as well as personal and group-based video conferencing solutions
- Change management programs
- User adoption courses, web-enabled and speaker led
- Day two managed services from maintenance to 24/7 proactive monitoring and scoring.
For more on the SOF offer and approach visit the SOF landing page www.skypeoperationsframework.com or the Skype for Business landing page on the Carousel website nwncarousel.linchpin.dev/solutions/collaboration/microsoft-practices/skype-for-business
About Carousel Microsoft Practice
NWN Carousel is a leader in communication and network technologies, professional and managed services, and cloud solutions across small to FT 500 companies. We are a Strategic Managed Partner with broad competencies and partnership relationships around our Microsoft business.
- Gold Communications, Hosting and Mid-Market Solutions Provider
- National Solution Provider (one of less than 50 nationally managed partners)
- Silver Messaging, Cloud Productivity, Datacenter & SMB Cloud Solutions Provider
- Deep Skype for Business expertise that has secured the following partnership relations
- O365 Skype for Business High Touch Partner, Tier 1 CSP, NSP, National P-Seller, Neptune Voice Partner, Elite Surface Hub Partner, Lync/Skype for Business Premier Support Partner
About NWN Carousel
NWN Carousel is a recognized leader in helping organizations evolve the way they communicate and orchestrate the flow of information throughout their networks. Carousel enables clients to connect and collaborate the way modern IT users demand and advance from their current network infrastructure to meet tomorrow’s standards. With deep expertise across a vast portfolio of communication, network, and security technologies, Carousel is able to design, implement, and support solutions tailored to meet the unique needs of each customer. By offering professional and managed services with flexible deployments in the cloud, Carousel ensures clients achieve agility and utilize technologies in the way most effective for their business.
Since 1992 Carousel has grown by an average of 30 percent annually and today has more than 6,000 customers, including 35 of the Fortune 100. The company has been widely recognized by multiple leading industry publications and consortiums as a top technology partner, managed service provider, and cloud solution provider. It has made the Inc. 500/5000 list of the fastest-growing privately-held companies in the U.S. seven times overall. Headquartered in Exeter, RI, Carousel has more than 1,100 employees working in 25 locations across the U.S.