Dave Soscia (left) is pictured with his wife Katie, brother Matt (right), and his significant other Nora.
Get to know us! At Carousel, we’re more than 1,300 #CarouselCrew members strong, spanning 27 locations across the country. Each month, we’re excited to share a glimpse of our talented team members.
This week, meet Exeter, Rhode Island-based Dave Soscia, Director, Strategic Sourcing, and #CarouselCrew member for more than nine years. Dave shares with us his favorite technology and some of the best advice he’s received.
Reach out to Carousel today to see how our talent, partner affiliations, and thousands of certifications can help you achieve your IT goals.
What do you consider the best technology?
Of all the things we do, I feel the technology like that of Cisco WebEx allows for collaboration independent of any physical barriers. A real-life example of that is here at Carousel. With recent expansion of our overall organization and the spread of our employee base, conferencing technology like Cisco WebEx allows for our team members to not just collaborate, but do so effectively using content sharing, video, and virtual white boards.
What is most exciting about being a #CarouselCrew member?
The opportunity to introduce myself to the greater organization. I came from a much smaller company, and this is a great vehicle to allow the larger organization to get to know one another.
What are your top 3 life highlights?
- Graduating college
- Getting married
- Finding a career that I truly enjoy and where I feel I can make an impact. I joined almost right out of college and jumped into this industry. Having the opportunity to continue that career with the Carousel organization is something I take pride in.
[WATCH] Get a peek into the Carousel culture and hear from some of our experts about what life is like at Carousel.
What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
- Never doubt yourself. My father taught me at a very young age to always put myself out there and to believe in what I bring to the table.
Who inspires you and why?
- Arnold Schwarzenegger: This one is difficult for most I am sure given some of his personal indiscretions. While that is not to be taken lightly, what I have taken from him is his drive and motivation. Many may not know of his immigrant status coming to America as an amateur bodybuilder from a culture and family which gave almost no support. He went on to be a seven-time Mr. Olympia where he used his earnings to procure a vast majority of real estate in California. This is where Arnold made most of his wealth using it to break into the film industry and ultimately become California’s governor.
- Derek Jeter: Class, plain and simple. As a proud fan of the New York Yankees, you can have as much hatred for Jeter as you want, but what you cannot do is disregard how he carried himself on and off the field. Jeter played his entire career with one team, virtually unheard of in today’s professional sports world, and helped his team win five World Series Championships.
- Larry Bird: Talent isn’t the only thing that can make you successful, or at least that is what Larry Bird showcased to the world on his way to three NBA titles. Bird was the first one in the gym and the last to leave, notorious for taking thousands of shots a day. His dedication to his craft is what I work to employ both personally and professionally every day.
What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives and why? Travel. Living in Rhode Island, we have access to a truly beautiful piece of the United States. However, there is much more to life than the place you live. Traveling allows us to experience different cultures that have so much to offer, and for me, I feel traveling gives you a different perspective on how much there is to this world.
Interested in contributing to the Carousel culture? Check out our careers page here.